In today’s scenario, it is very important to have an efficient and effective project management process that will ensure a seamless and smooth transition from the planning stage to the completion. This provides both immediate and long-term value. As buildings are becoming more and more complex, the need of construction management is increasing every single day. If you are wondering what the role and responsibility of the construction manager is, then you are at the right place.
Need of Construction Management
We are here to provide you with complete knowledge about what a construction manager does and what are the benefits of hiring one. So, if you have any queries related to the construction manager, yours questions will be answered.
Functions of a Construction Manager
Construction management is the overall coordination, control and planning of the entire construction project from start to finish. The main role of the CM (construction manager) is to deliver a financially and functionally viable project that is coordinated seamlessly between several trades. When there is any problem with the construction or delays, the construction manager is the first one to be called. The job of the construction manager is to ensure that the project stays within its budget as well as it must be on schedule. Moreover, there are many more things that the construction manager takes care of. These are:
- Planning: The project management planning that involves the initial stage of laying out a plan for the entire project. This includes different types of jobs that must be done, what phases are in the project and the materials that are required through time and management.
- Cost management: The function of the construction manager is to constantly keep a check on the costs and make some adjustment when there are any complications or unexpected issues when it comes to labour management and materials.
- Quality management: There are many contractors and subcontractors that are involved in this construction project. The job of the construction manager is to ensure that all these contractors and subcontractors are following all the specifications properly.
- Contract administration: Any lengthy contacts are part of different construction projects. It is the job of the construction manager to ensure that all the contract provisions and needs are being met. All the parties must be highly satisfied.
- Safety management: The construction sites are filled with many potential safety hazards that a construction manager has to supervise. Their job is to protect and guard everyone against those hazards.
Hence, the construction managers play a vital role in the entire construction project. They are at the top of the project and supervise everything. They are directly responsible for any issues and they have to be there to solve it.
The Need of Construction Management to Succeed
So, now you know the need of construction management. It is very important to hire a construction manager to supervise and look over the entire construction project. They ensure that the construction project is carried out smoothly. In case there are any issues or loopholes in the project, they have to look into the matter and immediately find a solution for it. Their job is to quickly resolve the issues related to construction.